Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pizza Popcorn and a Picture (what more could you want?)

The other day while I was nursing I happen to be watching Dr. Oz  and he shared a recipe that I decided to try (because the main ingredient is popcorn and the name of the snack has the word "pizza" in it. So obviously.) and OMGoodness, it's so yummy!

Here it is:

PIZZA POPCORN

(This will make 8 cups of popcorn for only 200 calories.)

- 3 Tbsp of un-popped kernels
- 1 Tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
-1 tsp of oregano
-1 tsp of salt
-1tsp of chives

You're supposed to be able to use regular kernels and pop them in a small paper sack in the microwave, but I tried that and um, it didn't work very well (everyone thought the house was burning down) so I just popped a microwave bag of popcorn (because I don't own an air popper - a monstrosity, I know) and it worked just as well.

I just popped the popcorn and dumped it in a gallon sized zip-lock plastic bag with all the other ingredients, shook it up really good and PAH-ZAM - yummy goodness! Jeff even loved it so it's a total win (even though it means that now, much to my dismay, I have to share)!

So there you have it. Go try it, you'll love it!

OOOOOHHHHH and today, along with my husband turning 32 (I'm pretty sure he'd prefer me to just glide right past talking about that one), our baby turned 2 months - so it's a pretty big deal up in our house today actually we've spent most of the day cleaning and watching NCIS reruns so not a big deal but whatevs. So, here's a pic of the little chunky-monkey sporting his 2 month milestone sticker.



GAH, I swoon just looking at this (even though he's currently sleeping about a foot and a half away from me I still look at pictures of him and feel like I miss him...weird? Oh well.)!!! Anyway, I LOVE this little guy SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment