Monday, March 16, 2020

It's officially the first day of quarantine here in Oregon. Ironically I was up all night coughing so after Jeff went to work I went back to bed (the kids were all sleeping still). I woke up to a sweet little knock on my door followed by a "knock knock" from my favorite little three year old voice. Rory came in and crawled in bed with me and we started watching Frozen, which felt rather fitting as that's kind of what the world outside seems to be.

While we were tucked in bed snuggled up together, Carter (15) got up, made a fire, and emptied the dishwasher all on his own accord and essentially made my whole day before it even officially started. I've been stressing to the kids that this quarantine is what we make it. We can be annoyed (I am) about the craze and all the shut downs and cancelled plans or we can choose joy (I am doing that too) and make the most of this. We bought puzzles, we have lots of board games, we have online school activities we're doing, and we live on 42 acres. There's TONS to do here. We're privileged and need to appreciate it, I know this will have huge impacts on many many people. That is not lost on me. Hopefully we'll get lots done on the farm and lots of hang out time together and what they'll remember later about this is how we calmly just loved each other (and others!!) when the world outside our space was crazy.








No comments:

Post a Comment