Thursday, February 27, 2020

Get Out Of Your Head

Today was one of those days.

Normally when I say that, it means it was a "Monday" kind of day.

Not today.

Today it meant it was GLORIOUS. And I don't say that lightly. I have had so many "Monday" days lately that I'm surprised my husband even asks me still how my day was when he gets home from work. I've been in a funk for quite some time - tired, down, anxious, allthethings, but today was glory.

I have started a new book (Get Out Of Your Head by Jennie Allen) and lemme tell you, it speaks to me. After diving into the first couple chapters, I honestly feel like the main reason the Lord must have put writing this book on her heart was because He knew I needed to read it. And today, TODAY, I got a full hour of sitting outside in the sunshine reading it.

YOU GUYS.

That is miracle beyond miracle these days. Literally, everything under heaven has to align for time alone outside in the sun to happen for me but today it did. My heart feels so light and full at the same time because of it.

Look, I know I sound dramatic. That's because I am. But it was just that fantastic and it needs to be written down somewhere. Maybe that is a little hint of how much I've been struggling lately and that's fine, I'm not trying to hide it. But today the sun shone on my face and I got the vitamin D I crave via the all natural SUNSHINE and it gently reminded me that eventually it will shine more often than it doesn't and my time outside will add up to more than I spend inside and that is giving my heart hope along with all the truth I was filled with as I read my new book.

{If you're struggling like I have been, I highly recommend it. So much so that I'll even link it on amazon here so you can buy it too. You're welcome.}



And as usual, a few pictures of life lately:


After my regular workout (that Rory does with me), she gets to have a half
hour watching Doc McStuffins while I walk on the treadmill.
And also: I MADE THIS BLANKET. YesIdid. 

The sunshine I've been raving about. (It's leaving tomorrow and making way for the rain. Boo.)

Talie's team finished second in league! So proud of them! 

First attempt at French braids. We love Black hair!

The washing machine funds my wine one dollar at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment