Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Do-Over

This morning was one of those kind of mornings.

The kind where everyone around me wishes they, well, weren't.

The kind where I hear my own tone of voice, my own harsh words, my own impatience, and just wish I could change it, but for some reason I feel incapable of that seemingly impossible task.

I'm not overly tired. I do not have a tough schedule today that I am unprepared for. I was not up all night with littles.

I do not have an excuse.

However, I realized that...

I have not been in the Word.

I have not spent much time in prayer lately.

Even though my life is not particularly difficult (thisveryminute) it feels difficult because I feel disconnected from Him. When my relationship with Him is suffering (because of me, it's never because of Him) every relationship I'm in suffers.

So, after apologizing to my family (via the drive down the driveway to the bus stop, and an email to my husband) I'm calling a do-over.

Starting fresh with forgiveness.

Because after all, wasn't that His whole purpose from the beginning? We all need Him and we all need His forgiveness.

We all need a do-over.

1 comment:

  1. And...don't you love that His grace and mercy allows us to have do-overs every day. Every hour, every minute, every second, whichever we need.

    ReplyDelete