Friday, June 17, 2011

It's going to be "Father's-Fifteen-Minutes" instead of "Father's Day" around these parts...

At the risk of my husband spending the last half hour of his SUPER BUSY work day reading my blog (just the thought of that makes me laugh) I'm going to post pictures of the adorable card the kids and I made for him for Father's Day. We're going to have him open his presents and read his card right when he gets home this afternoon because we're headed to the lake for the weekend.

We had a huge sheet of poster board (left over from garage sale signs), some crayons, a sharpie and 20 minutes. This is what we came up with:

 I feel that it should be noted (because I'm type-A sometimes) that Natalie's hair is wet from a bath, not greasy. Okay, now that we're clear we can move things right along... Proceed.


On the very top I wrote out the verses (Psalm 127: 3-4): "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

This is what the kids wrote (what they love about their Daddy):

Natalie: He kills meat that tastes really good!

Carter: He  wrestles with me.

Jack: He always has gum and he always shares.

Natalie: Sometimes he brushes my hair and it never hurts when he does it.

Carter: He takes us camping and I LOVE camping!

Jack: He takes us hunting in the mountains!

Natalie: He always makes sure we're safe. It's really good to be safe.

Carter: He always reads to us in special voices, like the "huffs and puffs and blow your house down" book! That's the BEST!

Natalie: He prays with us a lot and that's really good.

Carter: He likes the Ducks more than the Beavers! JUST KIDDING! Bwahahaha!

Jack: He loves it when I wrestle him, but he traps me sometimes, and it's HARD to do trapping!

Carter: Daddy is a good Dad because he has really good kids... That's us. We're his kids - and we're good.

When he gets home we'll give him his card and gifts. The kids and I went and picked out a pair of Keen sandals (now I just need a pair!) for him, and Carter has a few gifts he made for him before school was out. I They can hardly wait for him to get home from work! It's adorable.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Super cute gift Karey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I have to say, Father's Day is THIS weekend?!! ACK!! ( just kidding. sort of.)

    Before you wrote what the kids said on the card, I noticed the " kills meat that tastes good" in the picture and was laughing even before I read the rest of the card!

    I know he'll love it!! You're such a good mommy and wife!

    ReplyDelete