Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random Inspiration

As I was running this morning I was listening to a CD with this song on it. The song started playing right at the very end of my run. I ran in intervals (which KILLS!) and literally felt like I was going to die at the end, but the lyrics of this song REALLY got me thinking a bit (you know, in between the wanting a paper bag to breathe into and feeling like I was going to fall off the treadmill).

Anyway, it made me realize that every day that I don't take full advantage of (in every aspect of my life) is one more that's just.... lost. And how it's important to recognize that EVERY DAY has potential to be something great. It's just up to us to make it what we want it to be.

Most things in life aren't just handed to us, we have to work for them, and more often than not it's... HARD! Often in order to get something we want, there's something we have to give up (time, money, sweat, etc.) but if we give up something we'd rather not have to, we appreciate what we worked for all that much more.

This song was just the reminder I needed to appreciate what I have and to think about the things I *want to have* and to not let another day go by just wishing - but to start TODAY working towards making them a reality.

What are some of the goals you've set for yourself - and what are some of the things you'd be willing to sacrifice to reach them?

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment