Friday, July 29, 2011

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

Alrighty, friends - some crazy stuff is happening around these parts.

We're moving.

Wait for it...

To my parents house.

Yes, I did just say that.

We're putting our house up for rent and moving to the country (gonna eat a lot of peaches... ahem) and we are really excited. My parents have over 40 acres of room to run. We plan on living there for about 2 years until we find a place in the small town they (and Jeff's parents) live in to buy or some property to build on.

It's an adventure, that's fo-sho!

So, now you know why I've been mostly MIA the past couple of weeks months. We've been (sort of helping) remodel part of my parents house (including two bathrooms) and trying to pack up our house and put it up for rent.

Lemme tell ya' - what. a. chore.!

But we're so excited to live in the country. We're excited to help my Dad with the garden and help my Mom with the house. The kids will live within a mile of the school they go to (instead of the 45 minute bus ride they had last year). They can run around and be kids without the constant, "No, you guys. Hey - you're being a little too loud. The neighbors don't want to hear you guys fighting over that. (Etc. etc. etc.)" They'll get to hear, "Yes!" more than, "no." And we're all excited about that.

There is NOTHING wrong with raising kids in the suburbs (that's where our house is now), but it's not where we grew up. I guess we're just not used to it. We were - dare I say - spoiled - growing up and we want the same memories for our kids that we have from our childhoods.

So, there you have it. Our craziness (who am I kidding - part of our craziness) in a nutshell... We're moving in with Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

  1. You know, anyone else, I would worry. But, knowing your folks, I don't worry at all! You will have so much fun and I must be honest, I'm a tad jealous. Not about moving in with the parents part, but living back out there.

    ReplyDelete