Friday, March 20, 2020

You guys, today is so...ODD.

This whole week I got up and eventually got dressed (which means, I got out of my sweatpants and put on my yoga pants/leggings) but today after my workout, I took a shower and actually put on real clothes (still just jeans and a sweatshirt, but you know - progress!). Three of my kids got all excited and thought we must be leaving the house. Sorry, kids - we're only on day 5 of 42. NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Anyway, in addition to my pants-with-a-button, I painted my toenails and actually put on make-up. And took before and after pictures of my face I'm THAT bored.



You're welcome.

Then I made cinnamon rolls for the kids and decided to make an extra half-pan and have the kids deliver it to our elderly neighbor later this afternoon because they need a home school lesson in it's-not-all-about-me-and-my-boredom. So there's that. I also documented the whole thing through pictures because I guess that's what I do at this point. Maybe I'll be a food blogger now. (Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.)










I have also been incredibly busy googling puppies for sale in Oregon and texting the ads and pictures to my husband whom I'm sure appreciates being updated every 4 minutes on my findings accompanied with emojis of differing scales indicating how much I'm already in love with each dog because he probably isn't that busy at work anyway (side eye). At least when he gets home there will be cinnamon rolls as a peace offering. (We are actually in the market for a puppy, but with the kids being home for the next month and a half, my searching just got real serious.)

This weekend will bring more sunshine (YAY!) and we have lots of firewood to cut and stack before it starts raining again on Monday. (I fully appreciate how normal that sounds amid life that feels anything but normal lately.) Having Jefe home brings calm so even though our week days are a lot like lazy weekends as of late, we still cherish Saturday and Sunday and having him close too.

Do you have weekend plans or projects? Are you in survival mode and having a "plan" is just too stressful for you? Or are you, like us, somewhere in the middle?

No comments:

Post a Comment