Friday, December 7, 2012

Little Pieces

Jeff's Grandma makes these for everyone on their side of the family. You get one for your first Christmas in the family. They make my heart SO HAPPY. I just love his Grandma so much!

Last week we got two fish (our first - technically they were Natalie's fish) and they died in less than 24 hours. She made the (rookie) mistake of naming one of them "Lucky". Neither of them were too lucky.

I turned 32 on Sunday. Some days I can't believe I'm "only" 32 (with a 10 year old and having been married for 11 1/2 years it sometimes feels like I should be...older) and some days I can't believe I'm already 32. Crazy how time flies.

Our family was asked to do the Advent Candle "ceremony" (for lack of better word) at church on Sunday. The fact that the kids are excited to read in front of the church makes my heart happy and makes me feel less guilty for giving them the LONG passages and saving the short one for myself.

I got our Christmas cards done and ready to mail off this morning. I ordered them on Wednesday morning (online) and they were dropped off at our house via FedEx on Thursday afternoon. FAST.

This is the picture we used for our Christmas cards this year. (I KNOW. I love it!) :)

We're going to be in a circus parade tonight. Weird, I know. One of Jeff's best friends works for a tractor company (the green and yellow brand) ;) and they're having a "float" in the Junction City parade and asked if our family would like to join them on it. It's going to be so much fun! The kids were stoked when we told them that we were going to GO to the parade - I wish I had video taped their reactions when they found out they were going to be IN the parade. Priceless. (I'll take pictures tonight to share with you.)


 Fischer had his 6 month check-up last Thursday and besides the Bronchitis he was diagnosed with (which was no surprise to me), his doctor said he had all the indications of hip dysplasia and ordered an ultrasound for the following Tuesday. We were not excited at the thought of the hip dysplasia (Jeff had it as an infant). After praying all weekend for it to miraculously turn out to be nothing - it did! Praise God!

Fit Friday: (I know - it's been a while.) I've lost 2 pounds over the past 3 weeks. Honestly, the scale was at a stalemate for 2 weeks (between Thanksgiving and my birthday - just - UGH) and then finally moved this week. I've been working out at least 3-4 times per week and keeping up with my calorie counting and it finally showed on the scale this week so I'm happy about that.

Total lost: 48
Still to lose (to ultimate goal): 12 (This includes a LOAD of toning, which I've been working on, and can see a huge difference, but seriously I feel like I have a long way to go.)

Post workout. Obviously. ;)
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

(I'll have a "Might Have Monday" post on - you guessed it - Monday.) :)


1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE GETTING SO SKINNY! You look FANTASTIC! Yes, even post workout :). I feel like a terrible friend because I realized I didn't even ask you how the Advent or the Parade went when we talked today- friend fail. Anyway, I love the pics, am happy no one (especially you;) messed up the reading and super duper happy you were born 32 years ago. I cannot imagine my life without you!

    ReplyDelete