Saturday, October 5, 2013

model fall day

Today was the kind of fall day that reminds me why I'm so in love with fall days.

The sun was out in all its glory but it wasn't too warm - crispness in the mid 60s.

Perfection.

We spent a lot of time outside today (for obvious reasons). I got to run (5 miles, which actually felt like a break after running almost 7 brutal up-and-down-hills miles with a friend on Thursday), Jeff got to pull maintenance on all the vehicles, we did some outside chores, the kids played outside all.day.long. and then we went for a drive in the mountains because my sweet husband knows how much I love the colors of fall {and we may or may not have pulled over at a gravel pile and shot our 22s at some empty soda cans for fun}.

Just a sweet day today after a week of rain and crazy schedules and apart-ness as a family (felt like we didn't sit at the table to eat dinner all together even once this past week with sports schedules and working late, etc.).

I'm so thankful for days like today amongst seemingly long lines of crazy days.

I love my little (big) family.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment