Friday, June 20, 2014

TWELVE

I RAN 12 MILES YESTERDAY! (And it didn't kill me!)

My brain and my body is still a bit in shock over it, but we totally did it (stopped for about 30 seconds to down a half banana half way through and gulp a tiny bit of water and another stop for about 30 seconds to stretch at mile 9 but other than that we ran the whole thing!).

At mile 9 I said out loud, "I still feel pretty good! Only three miles left - let's do it!"

Yeah...the last 2 miles were KILLER. My legs ached so bad. My feet hurt. (But my lungs felt awesome!) I really had to power through mentally the last couple of miles. It was a long stretch in the sun on the way back and I was literally taking it one.step.at.a.time but I felt like a million bucks when we finished!

Today I do not feel like a million bucks.

I have a huge blister on the side of my foot and my body aches everywhere (why do people ever sign up for a half marathon more than once?! I'm definitely going to be a one-and-done.) but hearing my husband tell me over and over just how amazed he is that I did it and how proud of me he is (and how proud of myself I am!) makes all the pain worth it.

Finally! Finally I feel like I will indeed be able to do this thing next month!

4 comments:

  1. Thats amazing!!! I always tell myself I am going to start running.. But it hasnt happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The half is the absolute BEST distance! You are going to fall in love with it and be so addicted. I'll probably try and convicne you to sign up for another in June 2015 (so be prepared). I'm going to need some serious motivation and have a LONG way to go to get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD JOB! That's exciting... you'll do well. :)

    I so do not run... but a lot of my friends are runners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to start getting into shape and running, swimming, and cycling. I have a LOOOOOONG way to go! I'm so impressed that you ran that far! You can be my long-distance coach. ;)

    ReplyDelete