Monday, December 15, 2014

each age and stage

Tonight I gave my two little big boys hair cuts. I remember the first time I tried to cut their hair. It almost ruined our relationship. I hated it. They each hated it. My only saving grace was the bubble-bath they were promised if we all survived the ordeal afterwards.

Things have changed a lot since then. Now they are such men big boys about it. They hop up in the chair and sit still, it goes rather quickly and before I know it, their hair is cut off and they look 2 years older.

I know that it's so cliche, but it's true you know. "It" goes by so fast. Too fast. I heard once that 'the days are long but the years are short' and boy-howdy is that ever accurate. Some days I feel like I'm barely getting through this parenting gig (even though I, like every mother, love my kids more than life itself) and other days (most days) I look at these children God gifted me with and I just can't believe they're so...grown already.

There are certainly hardships and hilarity in each age and stage of their growing up but I have to admit I'm a little sad when I'm reminded by simple things like the fact that they don't need booster seats when they sit in the haircut chair to try to cherish the good in each day, because even though these days can be long, the years are indeed short.

No comments:

Post a Comment