Saturday, February 19, 2011

Laundry Basket Boats

Yesterday was a good day. It was a day that I once would have considered a wash, but I realized as it was passing that I was cherishing every moment. I stayed home all day with my kids. We did not leave the house once. We all wore our pajamas well into evening time when we simply exchanged them for clean jammies to get ready for bed. Natalie wrote me a song. The boys played ninjas and made forts in their dark bedroom and played with flashlights. We made cookies. We watched movies and read books. We pretended that laundry baskets were boats and wooden spoons were ores. We spent the day doing the kind of stuff that I hope they will remember when they look back on their childhoods. We made memories, my heart was full, and the day was simply... good.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best kind of days...and those are the days they will most definitely remember.

    ReplyDelete