Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Irrational Behavior (and this time, I'm not talking about mine!)

The irrationalities that go along with not feeling well when you're a kid are simply amazing. And sometimes hilarious - especially now that I'm feeling well enough to see the humor in it and all. Carter and Jack? Not finding anything funny today. Take, for instance, when we were trying to get lunch done with so I could put them down for naps on the table. There was one conversation that went a little like this:

Me: "Hey, Jack, do you want yogurt or applesauce with your lunch?"

Jack (throwing himself on the floor crying and unable to control his emotions): "I don't want applesauce! I want new pants!"

Then, not even 5 minutes later:

Jack: "Can I have some milk? I want milk. Mommy! I'm thewwwsty!"

Me: "Hang on, I'm getting it. Here you go."

Jack: "But this milk is cccooolllddd!!! I don't want cold milk!"

Uh, did you want me to heat it up for you? Because that would make me throw up. Seriously.

Oh, and earlier this morning I took Carter to the doctor and he's now on medication to help the inflammation in his lungs that is causing him to wheeze (the Albuterol isn't doin' anything for him) but it's not a yummy chewable pill, it's the kind you have to swallow. Soooo, in all my Mommy-wisdom I decide to (secretly) crush it and put it in his yogurt during lunch today. Great idea, right? Well, before I know it, I turn around and see him all but throwing up in the garbage can. "What are you doing!?" I asked sweetly shouted. His reply (as he's now laying on the floor whining and crying to no end due to the trauma)? "There's something wrong with that yogurt, Mom! It tastes like dead bugs! I am not eating anymore of it! PLEASE don't make me finish it - whahaahahaaa!"

So, I did what any reasonable, smart, and quick thinking woman would do. I put the whole yogurt container in a zip lock baggy, set it in the refrigerator, and I will let his Dad shove it down his throat get him to eat it later.

I'll let ya know how it all goes. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. I love how pants are an alternative to applesauce!!

    The Lord gave you a great sense of humor, and it's a good thing, otherwise you'd surely go insane! ( :

    ReplyDelete