Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm feeling *blue*.

I haven't been updating on baby much lately, mostly because there's been so much going on, yet we didn't have any answers.

Well, now we have answers.

I've been having contractions (consistently) for a while now (going on 2 weeks). They got so bad last week that I ended up in the hospital for 2 days where the doctors immediately "made" me start partaking in a sample platter of drugs trying their best to find one that would just.make.them.stop (before my uterus ruptured and we had a little baby on our hands)! We didn't find one. However, we did find one that helped calm the raging uterus enough to be bearable, but not enough to completely stop the pain (nice).

The plan of attack was to keep taking that medication, be on "modified" bed rest (I've taken the "modified" to mean whatever I need it to mean in the moment, but there hasn't been a whole lot of "bed-resting" going on around here), and go to the doctor every couple of days to monitor baby's health (and my consistent contractions) until I hit 37 weeks when we would do an amniocentesis and if it came back positive (mature lungs) we'd do a c-section the next morning.

I'm now 37 weeks.

Amnio is scheduled for Monday morning and c-section will be on Tuesday.

No, I'm absolutely not "ready" and yes, I'm totally "ready." You get me?

I'm ready to be done with this rollercoaster of a ride pregnancy, ready to hold our little love in my arms, ready for our kids to meet their little brother, and ready to see for myself that he's perfectly healthy.

However, I'm not ready for another surgery. I'm educated on what exactly an amnio entails, but I don't feel mentally prepared for one (think horse needle aimed at - and going straight into - baby belly) - but I completely trust my doctor (really, she's amazing) and I know that it's best for my body to have him out at this point.

So, there you have it.

My weekend plans are: Finish baby's room (put up crib, etc.), install car seat, manicure (because, obviously), love on my "big kids," plan out the who/what/where for the kids' schedule while I'm in the hospital next week, meal plans, pack diaper bag (that has yet to arrive - oops), pack my hospital bag... all of this while "resting" of course. I'm so thankful to have family (my husband and kids, my parents, my husband's parents, etc.) who are so amazingly helpful. I SERIOUSLY don't know what I would do without them (besides already be hospitalized for mental issues).

So, as of now there's a REALLY good chance we'll have ourselves another son come Tuesday morning. YAY!

4 comments:

  1. Holy. Cow. It's time? Already?

    I hated bed rest. Then, missed it when the baby was about 6 months old. ( : I had it with each of my kids and it got more and more difficult to do (obviously).

    I can't remember which baby it was (horrible, i know!) but my doctor told me I was going to need an amnio and I freaked. Not just dreaded it but FREAKED!! So, she decided the stress I was going through just thinking about one wasn't worth it because the bottom line was, the baby ( I think it was Jarrett, 35wks) needed out NOW. Perhaps if that's the bottom line for you, too, your doctor will reconsider??

    Either way, I will be praying for you, my dear, sweet friend. This weekend (that you get all your "to do" list done) and on Monday and again on Tuesday!
    Keep us posted and please, please let me know if there is anything I can do!! Seriously.
    541-988-1964 or 541-731-9310 (text or call)

    Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Tuesday is Jeven's birthday!!

    That totally makes you want to wait until Wednesday, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jackie, seriously makes my heart happy (even though the tears indicate sadness, I promise it's just hormonal happiness, lol). :)

      I've talked to a few people who have had it done and they've all said it *sounds* way worse than it actually is (just.do.not.watch!) and I'm not sure what's more scary - the thought of the amnio, or the thought of my uterus rupturing because of the constant contractions... Plus knowing after the amnio we only have to wait till the next day to hold our little guy makes it a bit easier. :)

      And it's Jeven's birthday Tuesday? YAY! That makes me even more happy! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey mama, I hope everything is great!

    ReplyDelete