Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

I had the BEST time on my trip! I don't mean to brag, but seriously, it was AMAZING.

I know we're weird, but we sure have a good time!
I was a little nervous about the 3 1/2 hour plane ride with Fischer (especially after a 2 1/2 hour drive to the airport) but you guys? He totally rocked that whole trip like it was his job. Amaze-balls.

Even if he didn't do as well as he did, how could I ever be mad at a sweet face like this?

Since the whole trip was a surprise we didn't really have anything "big" planned, but that's sort of the way I like it these days. Low key. Relaxed. Lots of coffee and chatting and girl time.

The night after I got in, we had a slumber party for Renee's birthday (it was planned long before I got there, I just happened to be there when it was scheduled and I was so happy to join in!) which was a total blast. Wine? Check! Hot-tub? Check! Taco's for dinner? Check! (See? Perfection!) She's got the most awesome family and friends up there - they're so much fun (and they love Jesus, too, AWESOME!)!


The weather the first few days was gorgeous! It was mostly sunny (after the frost melted off) but was still in the mid-50's so it was crisp fall weather, my favorite kind. I did get a couple of workouts in which was great. While Renee mowed their lawn one evening, I ran on her treadmill for about 40 minutes and on another day we did a 4 mile run outside in the beautiful weather. Ohmygoodness, it was so...perfect!

See? PERFECTION.

 On Renee's actual birthday we went out for coffee and shopped around the town of Palmer where I found some books to bring home to my kids and had a super yummy salad for lunch at a sweet little shop in town there. Another super fun laid back day.

At Kaladi Coffee for some caffeine before heading to Palmer.
Lunch in Palmer.

Fischer did amazing the whole trip. I was so proud of him! He slept well, wasn't cranky (too much) and was a model traveler both there and back. (Thankyou,Lord!)

Sporting Alaska fall gear. Cute? YES, yes he is.
Glad to be back home with my kids and husband (so, so glad!) but had SUCH a great trip. Loved every minute of it.

LOVE THIS GIRL!!! So thankful for our friendship!

OH!!! And, as promised I stepped on the scale this morning (even though I really had to talk myself into it, and if I hadn't promised I would I probably would have waited a week)... I am so glad I did!

Down 2 more pounds!

I was STOKED! Granted, part of it could be that I traveled all day yesterday (we were in "travel mode" from about 8:30am until we got home at 10pm) and I didn't eat that much but I'm still chalking it up as a win. I'm so proud of how I did while I was gone (and I'm thankful that Renee's allergies keep her from eating crap - and thus kept me from eating crap I might have had she done it, too - haha!)  but I'm taking it either way. Yay!

_______________________________________________

Total lost: 34 pounds

2 comments:

  1. Wine and tacos?! Can we be friends? And have I told you how much I love the name Fischer? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! And yes. We can TOTALLY be friends. We can hang out drinking wine and watch Honey Boo Boo together - haha!

      Delete