Thursday, May 23, 2013

Birthday Boy!

So yesterday was Fischer's official first birthday and he spent it with his Grandma and Papa because I was on a field trip with Natalie and Carter. He had a great time (they take GREAT care of our kids and we are blessed to have them!) and obviously he didn't even realize (or care) that it was his birthday. :)

Luckily, we had his party on Sunday and the weather was great as opposed to the pouring down rain we had all day yesterday.

I don't have any official stats for him because his one year check up isn't until the end of June (because his Mom forgot to schedule it - poor fourth child...) but I did have to run him to the doctor on Tuesday for his chronic respiratory/breathing issues (and to get a refill on his inhaler) and he is weighing in at 22 1/2 lbs, which I think is about average.

He's signing up a storm now which is both helpful and freakishly adorable. He signs 'milk,' 'more,' 'please,' 'up,' 'thank you,' 'no-no' (which is sort of hysterical {but not really} because he does it after he pinches and he *knows* it's a no-no), 'food,' 'help,' and a few more but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. He knows a bunch more signs, but these are the ones he's actually signing to us.

He says a few words verbally but not many. He says, 'to-to' (thank you), 'mama,' and 'dada,' and that's pretty much it.

Fischer is so close to crawling but I think it's a toss up whether he'll actually officially crawl or start walking first. He's moving about (scooting) but he's also getting more and more brave and balanced on his feet, so we'll see.

Okay, here's a few pics of the birthday boy. :)











1 comment:

  1. Oh my uterus!! I love all the pics but the last is the BEST!!
    I taught my kids sign and it was special when it " clicked" and they would sign back. Made life SO much easier. Especially the " more" and " milk" and "all done".
    You should post a video of him signing. I think it would have me trying to convince my husband to get his "V" reversed! ( :

    ReplyDelete