Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm the Mom who carries the high chair into the bathroom for the baby to finish breakfast while I shower so that leaving the house on time "only" 15 minutes late is even remotely possible.

No need to mention how close to noon it is when this occurs.

Or how often.

There are some days when it feels as if everything could just up and fall apart at any given moment. There are times when I wonder if it all already has and I'm so out of the loop that I just haven't realized it yet.

I am thanking God for the grace he has provided all of us through his Son, Jesus Christ, and for the new life I've been given through my salvation. Life can feel crazy and unorganized and chaotic (a lot of the time it IS chaotic!) but life shouldn't be all about us struggling to avoid those I'm-going-to-lose-it moments - it's not about "having it all together" (and it's especially not about pretending you do!) - it's about being made new in Christ (if you aren't sure what that means - ASK ME!) and knowing who you are in Him

I am a child of the Most High God and even in my most humbling moments he views me as nothing less than HIS and that will always be more than enough.

Even if I'm running late. 

And I haven't showered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment