Wednesday, May 8, 2013

randomly remembering

I don't know why, but this morning I just started randomly remembering stuff that just makes me laugh out loud every time my brain stumbles on it.

Like this:

When I was very first pregnant with Fischer last fall, Jeff and I were in the upstairs loft area of our barn "hunting" (sitting on stools all camo'd up holding our rifles waiting for the deer to come out) and a mouse came running out toward my stool. 

I FREAKED OUT.

Before he even had time to blink I was up on Jeff's lap (who is 6'2'' - 260 lbs and was sitting on a small 3 legged stool) and whispered loudly, "I want to go home! I'M DONE HUNTING!" 

He was laughing (silently) so hard that his whole body was shaking. Apparently he thought it was hysterical that I was sitting there all hardcore with my rifle waiting to shoot a deer and a mouse sends me running home for safety.

I laugh every time I think about that one. Good times, good times.

photo credit

1 comment:

  1. The first three times I read that I was sure that it was a MOOSE running towards you, not a mouse. I was trying to figure out how if you were up in a loft a moose could scare you (also trying to figure out how there was a Moose in Oregon). But a mouse? Yup - I woulda been on Jeff's lap in an instant too.

    ReplyDelete