Thursday, May 16, 2013

personal day

This Mama needs a personal day and doesn't know who to call.

I'm tired (I know, I know - everyone is tired).

I feel overwhelmed (if I hear that song played on our piano onemoretime I'm going to scream).

My patience is thin and my to-do-list is long.

My best game face got lost somewhere between the gazillionth games of tic-tac-toe and Memory.

I don't feel like cooking dinner (in fact, I'd take sleep at this point over eating dinner at all).

I'm in that place where the opportunity to go grocery shopping all.by.myself. would feel fairly comparable to a vacation. 

When I was sitting criss-cross-applesauce with my face in my hands having a mental breakdown trying to gather my composure (ie: not lose my cool) my son came up to me and asked me if I was praying.

Oh. Right. I should be doing that.

After all, here I am, wallowing in self pity feeling super overwhelmed trying so hard to do everything in my own strength that I don't even realize that through my  pride, Satan has distracted me from the one thing I really should be doing: 

Praying to God for His strength to shine through my weakness! 

I am so thankful for a loving God who has made me NEW in Him and who looks at me in love, even on days like today. He is SO good, you guys!

Suddenly Mama feels like she just got a personal day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment