Friday, January 14, 2011

Fit Friday

Okay. I'll be the first to admit (because, really, who else is there?) that this week wasn't exactly the Sha-Bam! week I had in mind as far as weight loss goes. Actually it wasn't at all.

I really struggled (but hello!, that's what got me here in the first place) and things are not as easy as I remember them being when I tackled the weight loss stuff in the past. I am not, however, blaming it on the fact that I am now thirty and everything just seems slower (metabolism, energy, thought process, etc.). I just don't have the drive that I used to have I guess, and something (really! SOMETHING!) has GOT to give. I just need to work harder at eating the right sized portions and only when I'm hungry. Not because I'm bored, or excited, or because it's there. I need to view food as fuel for my body - not as an emotional outlet for every single emotion I have.

All that being said, I lost a half pound this week. I didn't gain (which has been the pattern the last 3 months), so that's good. Turning the boat around (ugh, bad analogy) to start heading in the right direction is the first step, right?

I've seen that a lot of people have been starting weight loss stuff on their blogs and I'm excited to see how they're doing and use it as encouragement.

Here's to week 2!

+19.5

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's a 1/2 pound in the right direction! Great job! I've noticed drinking more water has helped a lot.

    Here's what you should do...join Gold's Gym and be my lunchtime workout buddy...cuz you know, that'd be convenient for me. :)

    Keep drinking lots of water and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking water is one thing on my list to improve on! I've been drinking 32oz/day at the least, but I used to drink almost a gallon (when I was losing awesomly before) so I have a lot of imporvement there).

    I would LOVE to go to the gym w/you! I can't. But I would love it, lol! :) I've been working out 3-4 times/week here (on the treadmill or doing weight training/cardio videos) and that's helped (I can feel that I have abs now - because they're sore, not because I can see them). :)

    Anyway, here's to making improvements one step at a time! And thank you for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I think you are always beautiful no matter what, you should know how truly PROUD I am of you for all of this. If you ever need me for anything (like to talk the 800 calorie bowl of ice cream and brownies OUT of your hand :) know I'm only a phone call away. Love and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete