Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm BAKING! I bake. I'm a baker.

Not really, but I have been baking more this week than I ever have before (besides birthday cakes and stuff like that - but those are always from a box) and the kids have actually been eating what I've been making! Without cringing (don't laugh).

 This week I made (from scratch!) pizza dough, cheesy biscuits, and banana bread! I'm going to the store today to get more ingredients so I can experiment some more, too! (Are you tired of the exclimation points yet?) I've discovered that when the kids help me make dinner (stir the stuff together, get ingredients out of the cupboard, measure it out, etc.) they feel invested in the dinner we're eating and they eat more of it.

Another thing I tried for the first time ever this week? Pomegranates! They take forever to eat, so they're perfect for snacking on at night while I'm reading watching TV after the kids are in bed and they are perfect when paired with water a Mikes Hard Lemonade.

I know. I'm all kinds of crazy wild this week.

How has your week been so far? Did you do anything crazy-like? Please, dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment