Thursday, February 16, 2012

Honeymoon's Over

As you may recall, yesterday I mentioned that the kids were super sweet.

Seriously, as they were being all cuddly and snugly I swear I could hear birds chirping outside my sun drenched window (you know, when Carter wasn't being too loud throwing up).

They all took super long naps while I held them in my arms pressing cool wash clothes on their foreheads and watched House Hunters International on HGTV. (Would you judge me if I said it was like a dream?)

Today?

Notsomuch. Not even close, actually.

They woke up feeling slightly better, but not better enough to go to school.

Instead of seeing each other in pain (like yesterday) and being servants to one another, they are back to their I'm-___-years-old-and-I'm-only-going-to-care-about-myself-right-now attitudes.

They're arguing.

With me and with each other.

They're coughing and still not feeling up to par, but they're feeling too well to just lay around in bed unfortunately.

So, the honeymoon is apparently over.

(And this Mama needs a vacation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment