Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Birthday Boy (Man)

So (as was barely mentioned in a previous post) it was Jeff's 32nd birthday on Sunday. I did not make a big deal out of it meaning I did nothing for it and ended up feeling really rotten about the whole thing. I was just... tired, I guess.

Well through that experience I learned that my husband even though he won't admit it likes to have a to-do about his birthday (unlike me - I would just as well skip mine altogether each year).

Needless to say, I felt terrible the whole day (especially as he spent the majority of it cleaning out closets and organizing his hunting gear - I think because he was trying to make me feel guilty bored).

So, we went out on a date last night. He got a ride to work with a friend and I (along with Fischer) picked him up at 5:30 and we went from there.

I started the night off by giving him a card from the "sympathy" section that said, "I'm sure you felt terrible when your birthday wasn't properly acknowledged and I'm sorry" (or something like that) which made him laugh (off to a good start) and followed it up with a really good birthday card (he appreciated that I got him a "good emotional one") and an espresso milkshake from our favorite coffee shop (those milkshakes are a rare treat and let me tell you - they are the BEST). We had driven there on his birthday to get one and the stinkin' coffee shop was already closed (a major fail that did not make the day any better for him...or me).

Next we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner because I already had a gift card for there and we honestly laughed the whole time. It was wonderful - and exactly what we needed.

After that we looked at what movies were playing and my husband took pity on me and didn't make me go see a super-hero movie (even though Batman, Spiderman and The Avengers were all playing) and since it was his birthday technically he does get to choose (guilt-free!) what we see. I was very grateful. So we just walked and talked and laughed until we decided to head home.

It was a great night. And I love that after being together for over 15 years (yes, we started YOUNG) we still prefer each others company to any other.

Man, I love that man.

2 comments:

  1. Karey, I haven't commented on any of your posts lately and I'm sorry!! But, I have been reading them and some have been inspiring, some thought provoking and some just fun. I will let you guess which ones are which! ( :

    Going through some changes over here. Will post about them soon!
    But, keep your posts coming, I love the baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear about the changes (or anything, really - coughblogmore!cough)! :) :)

      Delete