Wednesday, July 11, 2012

---

I've been struggling lately. With, well, myself. I'm not proud of my thoughts, I'm not proud of the convictions I've had but pushed away because I thought I could address them on my own if I just worked harder at it.

Because I can't.

But He can.

He wants me to expect Him to move in my life. Not just outwardly but inside my heart, too. He already knows my struggles, my heartaches, my hurts, and my frustrations. He knows what makes my blood boil and what makes me feel so insecure I just want to hide under the covers of my bed until I feel strong enough inside to face the outside again.  

He knows me.

I just need to ask Him to move in me (and then expect and know that He WILL).

So I am. Over and over again, I am. And I know that even if He doesn't take away all of the things that I struggle so much with, He will address my heart and the way that I react to those things.

He will help me. Because He promises that He will.

_______________________________________________________
 
From Proverbs 31 Ministries:


"I'm not gentle by nature, but I can be gentle by obedience. I'm not patient by nature, but I can be patient by obedience. I'm not peaceful by nature, but I can be peaceful by obedience.
I can. And I will.
I can be the unglued woman made gentle, patient, and peaceful. God, help me. God, forgive me. And in the shadow of that realization and repentance, the miracle begins.

Dear Lord, please open my eyes to see the places I need You to change in me. I know I have wrapped my identity in so many things other than You. I want You to change those rough, imperfect places in me. Help me become the woman You created me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen."  -- Lisa Terkeurst

No comments:

Post a Comment