Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh. Right.


I was on a run the other day (you know the day - it was the only nice one in the last few weeks) and this truck passed me. I didn't recognize the young (about my age I'd guess) guy driving which is a little odd since we live in a super tiny community and I was running on the road we live on, but whatevs.

So anyway, he passed and we cordially waved at each other. After a few minutes he starts driving back down the road that I was still running on the side of. I had a brief oh-crap-he's-slowing-down-and-rolling-down-his-window moment that was quickly replaced with is-he-going-to-try-to-talk-to-me panic thinking for a second that he actually might hit on me.

He stops his truck and I stop running as he finishes rolling down his window. I'm about ready to blurt out, "Um, I'm married." when he says, "I think you dropped your baby's hat back there on the bridge."

Oh. Right.

: : Humility is a beautiful thing. : :

No comments:

Post a Comment