Friday, January 24, 2014

it's enough

I think most of you guys already know that I spent pretty much all of my twenties being unhealthy and very overweight and in that department I was miserable (my twenties are also when I got married and had 3/4 of my babies, so I would never say my twenties {in and of themselves} were miserable).

Around the time I turned thirty things started to shift. I started taking my weight-loss health seriously and in to my own hands. I had tried Weight Watchers a number of times before (with a lot of success!) but I knew I didn't want to invest money in a program like that when I already knew how to get healthy, I just had to choose to do it (which is always the hardest part!). That's when I started journaling my calorie intake and estimating my daily calorie burn (through MyFitnessPal) and slowly adding exercise in.

I've been in the "healthy weight" range of the BMI for a while now (3+ years if you don't count the weight I gained and then lost during and after my last pregnancy). I got down to my "goal weight" a while ago but the past few months a few pounds have slowly crept back on (7 pounds to be exact - but I'm still in the BMI "healthy" range).

At first this freaked me out because I was afraid of losing control and essentially giving it all up and gaining it all back.

That thinking is so dumb.

I still journal my food and I still exercise an average of 5 times per week. There are a lot of things I could be doing to get back down to my "goal weight" {like cutting out whole food groups and/or being freakishly obsessive} but why? I can run after my kids and sometimes barely fit into my clothes.

I'm HEALTHY.

And that's enough.

It's enough.

I proud of myself for how far I've come. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I'm happy that I'm healthy and obsessing over anything and everything beyond that is just plain vanity and being vain is for the birds.

It's enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment