Thursday, January 2, 2014

be led

Don't you find January fascinating? It just seems so full of freshness. Everyone is letting go of whatever crap happened last year and looking forward to the newness of a clear calendar. Reflections are made as glances are cast in the rear view mirrors, sure, but more emphasis is laid on looking ahead with anticipation of better things to come. I love that. I do that. I think we all have to in some way.

I didn't make real "resolutions" so as not to hate myself in 3 weeks when I lose sight of them, but I did set some small goals for myself. Because I struggle a bit with living "in the future" (only looking forward to what I hope is to come and not appreciating life as it is right where I'm at) my goal is to simply enjoy being alive in Christ in the MOMENT I'm in. I've grown a lot spiritually this past year and in this coming year I want to be led by the Spirit and learn to live in complete dependency on Christ each day.

There are a number of other goals I have in mind (doing random acts of kindness daily, etc.) but they all fall under being led by the Spirit so I think I'll just leave it at that. 

Be led.

I honestly can't wait to see where Jeff and I are led this year. I know God is big and he can see so much farther and clearer than we can so things that just feel impossible for us are a non-issue in the Lord's mind. This excites me to no end.

We're ready - bring it on!

WELCOME, Two Thousand Fourteen!

No comments:

Post a Comment