Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Just Because" Flowers are the BEST!

I had a good day yesterday. I got some house work done. I got to spend time reading my Bible and had a fire going in the fireplace. I enjoyed playing blocks with Jack and Carter. I got to spend some time reading with Natalie. It was a refreshing day. Then, Jeff strolled through the door after work with a big boquet of roses. As my heart was melting I was in pure panic mode for about 3 seconds searching my brain trying to remember which occasion I had forgotten but alas, there was none. I asked him what they were for and he just said, "Because I love you." And I love him back. A lot.

Everyday I wake up and wonder how it's possible to love my little family more than I did the day before. As I look at my kids right before bed, right after we pray with each child, my heart is overjoyed. I love every single one of them more than I feel like my heart can handle. I fall into bed thinking my heart is topped off then wake up the next morning beside the husband I love more than I can explain and turn my head to realize there is a small face staring directly at mine standing so close to my bed with their warm breath spilling out of their little smile. I sigh as I realize that my heart grew again. Overnight. And I can tell that yet again, I am a little more in love than the day before.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I literally have tears in my eyes. I think because I know exactly what you are talking about and I can't help but feel the same way about my family. Although...I never get flowers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, don't pay any attention to the time stamp on that last post...or this one. I am TOTALLY working right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Katherine! Working. Right. I call Jeff when he's on lunch and sometimes I go, "Oh, I didn't realize you were at lunch, I'll call back later when you're working." But don't tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this big family of mine! Isn't it completely overwhelming that our hearts have the capacity to love that much? And yet words will never even come close to adequately describing it. (I think big *sighs* and giddy grins are about the closest thing....and for me to be speechless you know that it's got to be kind of a big deal.) Thanks for the great posts sis! Tell everyone I love them. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete