Thursday, May 27, 2010

A bit of a crazy morning around here today. And yes, it's all of 8:06am as of right..... now.

We woke up late. We usually get up at around 6:30, but this morning when I finally pried my eyes open and felt like I had enough muscle in my body to lift my head off my pillow far enough to peek at the alarm clock it read 6:58am. Usually at least one of the kids are up by about 6:30, but today none of them were stirring, and let me just say that I believe that it is really close to a sin to have to wake up a kid. That alone makes me want to revisit the idea of homeschooling. Anyway, since the kids catch the bus at 7:25 and I didn't make lunches the night before it was going to be a scramble.

Jeff showered and got dressed in record time to help me with the kids/lunches/dog/coffee making before he left for work, which ended up being a really good thing because after I shoved N and C out the door at precisely 7:24, we waited. And waited. And the bus did.not.come. Seriously, are you kidding me? How could we have missed it?!

Even though the bus hasn't ever come early, I realized that we very well could have just not heard it go by in the loud mess that this family was this morning trying to get it all together (dressed, breakfast, a turkey beard in C's backpack for sharing, library books, hair and teeth brushed-- wait no, we forgot the teeth). Luckily, Jeff waited and at the last minute we decided to throw the booster seats in his car (along with the older kids) and he would drop them by school on his way to work. It was pouring down rain, Jeff was late for work, I was frustrated for having made this whole mess by not getting up in time and the kids thought it was the coolest thing to ride with Dad to school. Jack wasn't at all impressed that he didn't get to go with them, and the dog almost had an accident on the floor during all the crazied rush.

But we made it. It was a stressful time for our family (she wrote, sarcastically) but we pulled together and ended up better people because of it (again, think sarcastic). After Jeff pulled out of the driveway with Natalie and Carter in the backseat, I grabbed the puppy to head outside and let him finally go to the bathroom. We walked around a bit and then right when we were heading inside I looked towards the front of the house and saw the bus fly by (23 minutes late). Oh well. It worked out.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't feel stressed Karey, you should feel accomplished. By the bus's standards you were AHEAD of schedule! You're so on the ball!