Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Fun Night

I don't know why, but I always tend to start conversations as Jeff is walking out the door for work. It's never super important stuff but as I see him grab his stuff for work and head for the door I panic like if I don't say somthing now I'm not going to have a chance to all day (as if we don't have email, cell phones, etc... well, I guess there's not really "etc."--cell phone and email about cover it). This morning I casually asked him what he wanted to do tonight. It being Friday and me having spent the whole week in the house and all. I always ask this fully expecting him to have some profound idea as to what we could do as a family that would be fun, out of the house, and... well, yeah-- fun and out of the house. That's all of the prerequisites for a Friday evening that I can come up with. Actually, it doesn't even have to be "fun" as most Friday evenings I'd just settle for out of the house. Pretty much I just need motivation to finish the week strong. Get through the day with purpose. By Friday I need more of a reason to shower than just "it's the right thing to do." He knew that yesterday was rough (and not because his "team" is bigger than mine) so he asked me what I wanted to do, to which I answer (as usual) "I dunno" leaving the decision up to him. Apparently this morning he wasn't on his best game because after recognizing that I'm not in the greatest of moods he forgot to start his sentence with "You always feel better when you..." and just said the last half, "Get yourself dolled up today." Nice. Thanks. I feel a little like garbage and now I feel like I look like garbage, too. Okay, I do, but that's beside the point. In his defense though, "dolled up" means dressed and on a good day, a bit of make-up. I don't do dolled up like a lot of girls do. To me it means not wearing sweats and sometimes blow drying my hair.

I finally decide that I'll make dinner and take it out to his parents house for a visit since they've been gone for a few weeks and we haven't seen them since they got back. Fun and out of the house. Meets all the criteria. Suddenly my day has intention. I guess I'll go shower now...

No comments:

Post a Comment