Monday, November 11, 2013

food and friends

At the last minute yesterday Jeff and I decided to take our friends up on an offer of a potluck and game night.

We rushed through our list of chores, I threw something semi-edible together, threw the kids in the car and off we went.

I am so (SO! ! !) glad we made it happen. Last night was a total blast! There were 4 families there (with a grand total of 16 children. . . ) - the kids played flashlight tag outside (we also had a movie going inside for them if they wanted to do that instead) and us adults played cards until nearly the wee hours of morning 11pm.

We laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants and Jeff and I learned a new game called "Hand and Foot" - and I don't mean to name names or anything, but someone totally won (ME).

After the semi-rough weekend, laughing and having a great time with good friends is exactly what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment